Sunday, January 6, 2008

Reading a "Forest" Full of Books!


Who is reading a Blue Spruce, Silver Birch or Red Maple book?
I am! Ms. Zeitz got me started, and she's waiting to help you, too. Go ask her about these great books. I want to see if my favourite book wins over all the others - don't you? And you can VOTE, if you can read!

It means you'll have to read all through January and beyond. The 2008 Voting Day is April 23.

Check out this website: http://www.accessola.com/forest2008/ Find the link over on the right..

Right here, on this blog, let's use this place to talk back and forth about these books. When you've read one, click on comments right under this post. Write the title, the author and the "tree" the book belongs to. Advertise the book if you liked it, or give it the thumbs down if you didn't. Make sure to give your reasons. I'll post your opinions where everyone else can read them. Your view could make a difference in deciding the winner!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think thats a very good idea. I enjoy reading Silver Birch books and its cool that we all get to vote for our favorites!

*BrendaTruong*

Anonymous said...

I'm currently reading "Darkwing" for Red Maple, my brother has read all the other series by Kenneth Oppel.. I haven't gotten to read ALL of it yet since it's like .. 330 pages HAHA but I'm getting there. So far the book is great ;D.

Anonymous said...

I am reading Pigboy right now, its an awesome book! I have read 3 books so far, and im lovin it!
Humairah Saleem

Anonymous said...

Reading is necessary. It helps you to develope your critical and analytical skills.

Deb Gladstone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Review of "JAKEMAN": by: Humairah and Brenda
Deborah Ellis' books make her readers think about the big issues in life, because people can relate to them. "Jakeman" is about a boy whose mother is in jail for a crime she didn't commit! He and his sister live with foster parents, but they move from place to place very often. Jake and his sister start writing letters to the Governor trying to get him to pardon their mother, so she can get out of jail. Jake's sister, Shoshana, is bossy but when everything comes to a conclusion, she realizes her brother has a lot of potential in him. Jake wants to become a comic book artist and Shoshana's dream is to become a singer! What more important issue is there in life than to be children without their parents? Will Jake's mom be pardoned out of jail? Read "Jakeman," a Silver Birch Club book, at your school or Public Library.

Anonymous said...

I love reading Red Maple books! When i read, I like imagining that I am the main character. It helps me understand the crisis situation more emotionally. I'm glad I am in Red Maple!
P.S.: I am not a student in Nelson Mandela
-Savanah

Anonymous said...

Thank you Humairah and Brenda for that review. I cannot wait to read that book!!!

Madame Orpen

Anonymous said...

I am in the silver birch club and I like the non-ficton club it has favorite book secret agent you

Anonymous said...

The books in the Silver Birch has alot of good books you should join!

Anonymous said...

I love reading books because i like to draw.

Anonymous said...

I think everyone should a book it does'ent matter how old you are, anyone can read!
I really enjoyed reading Pigboy and Jakeman So you should try reading them as well!
HOGMA:D

Anonymous said...

I've read some of the silver birch books. They are great! I also like going to have chats with the experts :P

Anonymous said...

I all ready read three books and my fourth is Fear This Book.the author is Jeff szpirglas.I like reading non fiction books because it gives you information.I read silver birch books.I enjoy reading.