Monday, November 19, 2007

Get ready to say what you think!

This a real opinion piece, posted to KidsOnTheWeb by a student in Korea. Once you've read it, post your responses, as you've been taught, making sure to display appropriate digital citizenship along with your real reaction. Soon, we'll have our own students' pieces posted for all to read and think about.

Swearing

By H.W., 12, Seoul, South Korea

Swearing. For some people, swearing is the last thing they'd want to do. But for others it's a habit, sometimes even an enjoyment. Here in Korea lots of kids swear as a joke and when they play with each other.
Swearing is downright wrong. It makes others feel awful, like you're spitting dirt in their faces. Swearing makes you look awful. Lots of kids think swearing makes them look cool. No. Don't get the thought into your head.
Don't swear. It's a dumb thing to do. Don't make yourself a bad looking person. Don't make yourself a stupid person. (June 2007)

18 comments:

Deb Gladstone said...

H.W. has some really important points. I agree that many kids think they are joking. I also think this lazy-talk gets to be a bad habit. I wonder what we can to about it? Deb

Anonymous said...

well, i think your message was very strong and it could teach alot to other kids but it was somehow pointless because kids already know that !!! :S


annonomous

Anonymous said...

I think your right I hate swearing that's why I don't swear. I hate it when people swear at me.

Anonymous said...

i think this can teach people not to swear, even adults maybe. that message was very strong.

Anonymous said...

Your right and I hope no one goes angainst it.

Anonymous said...

Swearing is bad and you can hurt other peole's feeling you are realy right.

Anonymous said...

whenever i get sweared at i jest ignore them.:} shahaz

Anonymous said...

some people feel swearing is bad especaly when other people hear it its not good in front of kids becase when they grow up they will keep on saying it



by i-selah room 13

Anonymous said...

some people think to slove a problem is by fighting. by:keara

Anonymous said...

I think swearing is bad and hurtful because it hurts people's feeling. It shouldn't be allowed at school at all. by Andrew

Anonymous said...

I think this paragraph of no swearing might help elders not to swear and to be good role models. By Sayeed

Anonymous said...

Swearing is not funny. Some people think swearing is cool. But a lot of people realize if you swear you can get in trouble.
Shadman

Anonymous said...

I understand you becaus e people think it's cool when swearing is uncool! Someone said to me, "Would you want to swear for for the worlds money". I just changed the subject. But I'll nevr swear in my LIFE!!!

LOL!!!! TTYL

Anonymous said...

Ok swearing is Awful! Do hear me? Ok then the people OUT THERE if you swear EW! You Aren'y COOL. You Carzy. Yea I'm talking to you guys that swear. I'm taking the geeks that swear too ok!

SO STOP SWEARING! THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

Children should not be swearing because it is really bad and it can hert feelings. Lynn

Anonymous said...

i think that swearing is wrong because my dad used to swear so i helped him to stop -omar

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Swearing is bad and you can hurt other people's feeling you are really right.Whenever i get sweared at i jest ignore them.:} Tyson



December 3, 2007 2:06 PM

Anonymous said...

I think swearing is a BADDD habit, or enjoyment!, I think we all should try not to swear, because it can crush people feelings, and I know i to sometimes swear by accident, but practicing not to swear is one of my new years revolution!